Depression is a disease that impacts many people across the globe, including men, women, and children. Because depression impacts everyone differently, there needs to be a tailored plan for treatment. For most people, the best way to get the help they need is to look for a facility that offers the best depression treatment in Orange County.
How Do Mental Health Treatment Facilities in Irvine, CA, Work?
Depression has been well-studied, and there are many effects that it can have. Therefore, there are many different therapy and treatment options. The right depression treatment program in Irvine, California, will listen to the needs of each patient upon intake to determine the best course of action.
Symptoms of depression may include:
- Bodily aches and pains
- Having the blues
- Feeling hopeless
- Crying often or feeling tearful
- Overwhelming feelings of dread or sadness
- Wishing you were not here
Whether you have symptoms that are milder or more severe, there is help available for everyone. The team at Alter Behavioral Health would love to talk with you or a loved one about all of your options for treatment. The first step will have your evaluation, and then a course of treatment will be selected that may include one or more of the following:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) – This is a widely used evidence-based type of therapy that many people benefit from. Therapists at clinics for depression in Irvine can use this to assist people with a range of physical and mental health conditions like depression, chronic pain, anxiety, and more.
- Interpersonal Therapy (IPT) – This is a nice option at an Irvine depression rehab that can offer a short-term approach to help with mood symptoms and interpersonal challenges. With this form of treatment, there is an emphasis on ensuring the patient knows that their mood disorder or depression is never their fault. Rather, the condition gets treated as a biological or inherited tendency to have such symptoms triggered by interpersonal conflict or stressful life events.
- Medication – Here at Alter Behavioral Health, we offer medication as an option for depression treatment in Orange County. However, we like to only turn to medication as an option if there are no other viable choices for the patient. There are several antidepressants available to help a patient, including prescriptions or combination therapy plan that involves herbs and other supplements. At our depression treatment centers in Irvine, CA, we work closely with all patients to ensure they have a safe, effective mode of therapy. Note: Always be sure to let your intake team know what other medications, herbals, or supplements that you are on when you arrive. Some might interfere with possible prescriptions.
It would be best if you never had to feel as though you are alone, hopeless, or sad all of the time. There is treatment available that will address your depression symptoms and help you find the right way to move forward feeling your best self. Contact us today at Alter Behavioral Health to learn about depression treatment in Orange County by calling (949) 379-2414. Visit us online to receive a free diagnostic assessment.depression treatment Orange County