Alter Can Help With Mental Illness or Addiction
Addiction and mental health disorders are more common than one would think. The number of Americans that are impacted by substance use disorders and mental illness is a staggering one in three. These disorders can impact anyone and they can occur for several factors that are personal to each person. The growing number of Americans experiencing these disorders’ symptoms and side effects continues to rise as Americans face stress, anxiety, and daily challenges. The good news is there is hope to overcome the impacts of mental disorders by seeking professional help within a California behavioral health treatment program.
Alter Behavioral Health’s network of mental health treatment facilities in California is committed to providing people with leading addiction and mental health treatments through a personalized treatment program. We understand that addiction and mental health are personal to each person that experiences it. For this reason, we value that there can’t be a one-size-fits-all approach to healing and recovery. Your treatment program needs to be centered around your unique circumstances and personal goals for treatment for it to provide long-lasting results and influences in your life. Our experienced team will offer you a comprehensive treatment plan that includes evidence-based therapy methods, holistic healing methods, and medical care when needed to ensure that you can heal and grow within your body, mind, and spirit.
What Is Behavioral Health?
Mental health and substance use disorders, crises, life stressors, or stress-related physical or emotional symptoms characterize behavioral health. When someone is experiencing any of these disorders or symptoms, it causes discord with or impacts their emotions and behaviors, affecting their overall sense of well-being.
Behavioral health is something that can be treated with the proper support and trained professionals. While there may not always be a cure for specific disorders and factors, with the appropriate treatment methods, you can find ways to manage your symptoms and develop measures to live a healthy, stable life. If you’re concerned about your behavioral health or a loved one’s mental health, you can seek support through Alter Behavioral Health’s California behavioral health treatment facilities.
What Are Some Common Behavioral Health Conditions?
Behavioral health can include a variety of conditions. Certain treatment methods are best utilized for each specific behavioral health condition to address and treat the symptoms a patient is experiencing. Our team at Alter Behavioral Health’s network of California facilities is knowledgeable and trained in safe, effective treatment methods to treat behavioral health conditions through comprehensive levels of care. The most common behavioral health conditions that our programs treat are:
- Substance use disorders: These include any substance someone uses heavily or regularly that has begun to negatively impact their life such as alcohol, illicit street drugs, or prescription medications.
- Anxiety disorders: This can include generalized anxiety disorder, separation anxiety, panic disorders, or social anxiety disorder.
- Mood disorders: Patients can be treated for one mood disorder or if you’re experiencing more than one, you can be offered a treatment program that addresses symptoms and treatment for all that you’re experiencing.
- Bipolar disorder
- Personality disorders: Patients can be treated for several personality disorders within Cluster A, B, or C
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Drug-induced psychosis
- Schizoaffective disorder
- Psychotic illnesses
- Comorbid Disorders
Our experienced team of mental health clinicians are experts in leading mental health treatments. Regardless of your symptoms, our team will take the time to get to know you and your specific circumstances with mental health to create an effective, but most importantly physically and psychologically safe, treatment program that meets your needs and goals for treatment and recovery.
How Is Behavioral Health Treated in California?
Behavioral health treatment is a unique process based on each patient’s specific needs. Depending on the specific behavioral health concern you’re looking to treat, certain evidence-based therapy methods will be designed to treat the symptoms you’re experiencing while offering guidance on effective tools for managing the onset of symptoms. Some of the common forms of treatment used in behavioral health treatment are:
- Individual and group therapy: Sessions are conducted within a treatment program to allow you to heal individually from the impacts of behavioral health while also connecting and learning from other patients and their experiences.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy: This treatment method focuses on understanding how your thought patterns can influence your emotions and actions. Once you identify negative thoughts or triggers, CBT can help you learn how to shift your emotional responses or behaviors through specific tools for emotional regulation.
- Mindfulness practices: Behavioral health conditions can significantly impact your emotional and thought processes. Engaging in mindfulness activities helps to slow your thought and emotional responses allowing you to rationalize your train of thought and regulate your emotions
- Psychotherapy: Patients are encouraged to participate in therapeutic sessions that explore how their thoughts and self-image can influence their mental health symptoms. With the support of a counselor, you can learn how to change your inner self-talk and learn how to feel confident in your ability to maintain optimal mental health functioning
- Interpersonal therapy: Patients are supported in exploring the relationships in their life and how their behaviors or behavioral health conditions have impacted them. Patients will learn how to have healthy, supportive relationships during interpersonal therapy.
- Family therapy: Patients are encouraged to participate in family therapy to help repair any damage or discord within the familial relationship. Families are supported in establishing healthy communications with one another, setting boundaries, and learning how to have supportive relationships free of enabling behavior.
- Dialectical behavioral therapy: DBT helps patients learn how to effectively cope with stress, regulate emotions, and work on improving relationships with those around them. DBT can help patients that are exhibiting self-destructive behavior and develop healthier coping strategies that maintain their health and safety.
- Medications: Depending on the specific behavioral health condition you’re living with, there may be medications that help to mitigate the severity of your symptoms.
7 Benefits of Getting Help With Behavioral Health Treatment
- Ongoing support from experienced mental health counselors and practitioners,
- Connecting with other patients who understand the challenges that you’re experiencing can result in long-term supportive relationships with other patients.
- Developing self-awareness and insight into how your behavioral health impacts your life.
- Establishing healthy communication and interpersonal skills with others.
- Learn how to self-regulate your emotions and control your impulsive or self-destructive behaviors.
- Develop coping strategies for stress or triggers that occur.
- Creating a new lifestyle that promotes positive mental health functioning.
Alter Is Ready to Help With California Behavioral Health Needs
Getting help for behavioral health needs is readily available at Alter Behavioral Health. Our experienced team is waiting to hear from you to build you a treatment plan that is centered around your individual needs and goals for behavioral treatment. Our comprehensive levels of care provide a variety of treatment approaches that are designed to treat your specific symptoms, minimize the severity of your behavioral health side effects, and empower you to embrace a new lifestyle of healthy coping strategies that will ensure you have long-term success in balanced, stable behavioral health functioning. Contact our compassionate team today at 949-570-6454. We’re here to answer all of your questions and get you started on taking the first step toward healthy behavioral and mental health functioning with the help of California behavioral health treatment.