Introduction to Mental Health Rehabilitation in Long Beach
There is currently a mental health crisis occurring in Long Beach, which, officials think, may have been spurred on by the COVID-19 pandemic. Along with putting a strain on currently available resources, the city has seen the population of unhoused individuals growing month by month. The city is working hard to provide more community-based resources, but the need is growing for quality mental health rehab centers near Long Beach. Long Beach City Council, the health department, and city staff are working together to improve the city’s offerings to help as many individuals as possible as more people seek help from a mental health rehab center in Long Beach.
Services Provided by Long Beach Mental Health Centers
Some of the Long Beach mental health services currently available are:
- Inpatient and outpatient mental health treatment facility services.
- Group therapy and support groups.
- Training for teachers and other community leaders regarding mental illness and the resources available
- Better resources for people who are experiencing homelessness, like rental assistance programs and supportive housing units.
- Workforce training programs.
- Boosted capacity for board-and-care facilities.
- Improvements in outreach efforts.
The Role of Inpatient Mental Health Facilities
Inpatient mental health facilities near Long Beach are especially important for individuals experiencing severe symptoms of mental illness like psychosis, suicidal ideation, and other issues that could put themselves or others in danger. It is also an excellent, supportive environment for people who have not succeeded in outpatient treatment programs and those starting a new psychiatric medication. Being inside a safe and secure location, with intensive treatments, away from the stresses of everyday life, can make all the difference for some people.
Discovering the Best Psychiatric Rehab in Long Beach
If you are looking for the best psychiatric rehab in Long Beach, you certainly have a lot of treatment centers to choose from. Some of the services and features you should look for include:
- Accreditation and licensing: Not all treatment centers are equal, and you want to ensure that the facility you go to is offering safe, effective treatment. Licensing is only given to those places that offer legitimate mental health treatments.
- Evidence-based care: Although staying in a spa-like environment may feel good at the moment, to get to the underlying causes of your mental health symptoms and treat the issues, scientifically proven, evidence-based therapy like psychotherapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, and other similar treatments are necessary
- Medication management services: Psychiatrists and doctors should be on staff or consulted regularly regarding psychiatric medications. While not every mental health issue requires drugs, many do, and getting the right dosage can take time and should be monitored closely by a professional
Wellness Centers: Focusing on Holistic Mental Health
You are not just a person with a mental illness. You are a whole individual with unique life experiences, challenges, and preferences. Many wellness centers for mental health in Long Beach know that treating your mental health with a whole-person approach that includes eating well, getting a good night’s sleep, exercising, and other natural stress-reduction methods like meditation or mindfulness can help you feel better overall, and set you up to be able to self-regulate and control your emotions and behaviors in the future.
Navigating Mental Health Recovery Centers in Long Beach
Selecting from all the many mental health recovery centers in Long Beach might take some time. Still, it is important to do a little research to determine whether the treatment centers you are considering offer the types of treatment that will benefit you most. Some factors to look for include:
- Diagnosis: Finding a place that will thoroughly diagnose you is very important. You may think you have anxiety symptoms, but an expert might find that your symptoms are more consistent with a person with borderline personality disorder. Only a mental health professional can make a proper diagnosis.
- Individualized treatments: Your individual mental health concerns will be unique, so a treatment center offering individualized treatments will give you the best possible chance at reducing the symptoms of your mental illness while finding new ways to stay healthy and feel good about yourself.
Frequently Asked Questions About Mental Health Rehab Centers in Long Beach
What makes Long Beach’s mental health rehab centers unique compared to other cities?
You know you are in good hands when you go to a licensed Long Beach mental health center. Long Beach is where mental health and addiction issues have been an issue for a long time, and treatment centers are numerous, giving you plenty of choices. Each treatment center is unique, offering different types of therapies and treatments. Whether you are simply looking for a place that takes your insurance or you want a luxury experience, Long Beach has what you are looking for in a treatment center.
How do inpatient and outpatient facilities differ in Long Beach?
As their names suggest, the main difference between inpatient and outpatient treatment centers is whether the client stays inside the residential treatment center during treatment or lives outside the facility. Inpatient facilities offer room and board, with full-time, 24-hour care available, and often have more intensive treatment regimens than outpatient centers. Different levels of care are available in outpatient rehab, but these are often less intensive, with more freedom for the patient.
Are there specialized programs available for adolescents or elderly patients?
Yes, there are different types of programs available for adolescents and elderly patients who are experiencing mental health concerns.
What insurance providers are commonly accepted at Long Beach’s mental health rehab centers?
Each treatment center is unique in the types of insurance they accept, and each insurance company is unique in what treatment they will cover. Mental health treatment centers will do all they can to make checking whether you have coverage easy. For example, the Alter Behavioral Health website has a simple form to fill out online for insurance verification.
How can residents find community-based mental health resources in Long Beach?
You may want to check out the Mental Health Resource Guide provided by the city of Long Beach. It lists local and regional mental health resources, including support groups, inpatient and outpatient treatment centers, and faith-based support.
What kind of post-rehab support can patients expect in Long Beach?
After rehab, most treatment facilities will offer aftercare support, like continued access to therapists, counselors, and doctors. Many treatment centers will also provide additional resources like online therapy, connections to support groups in the area, and other programs throughout the community, keeping patients connected to all the care and support they need long-term.
Are there any wellness centers in Long Beach that combine traditional and alternative therapies?
Yes, this combination is very helpful. While evidence-based therapies should be the first thing you look for in mental health treatment, alternative therapies are an excellent addition to a treatment program. Holistic care considers patients more than their mental health issues, offering therapies and wellness programs that address the whole person: body, mind, and spirit.
At Alter Behavioral Health, we provide a comprehensive program incorporating helpful treatments like behavioral therapy, interpersonal therapy, family psychoeducation, group therapy sessions, medication management services, and additional treatments like yoga, neurofeedback, nutritional counseling, and exercise. Please contact us today to learn more about what Alter Behavioral Health offers. Mental health experts are standing by to speak with you today.